IF YOUR NOT LEGAL THE FIRST NIGHT YOU DON’T RACE
14.8 SECOND BREAK OUT RULE APPLIES TO THIS CLASS
Minimum of a neck brace is required in all classes at any time you are on the track
- Full face style helmets are mandatory. DOT standard, Snell approved. No motorcross helmets.
- Full fire suit and gloves are mandatory.
- Racing seats are mandatory. No fiberglass seats! Your racing seat must be fastened to the
horizontal bar that ties the roll bar together behind your head. The seat must also be bolted to
the cage, if possible, floor or to the factory seat mounting track. A properly mounted seat will
have at least 4 – ½” grade 8 bolts holding it in place. (two bolts behind your neck and two bolts
below your butt)
- 4 point racing harness is mandatory. 5 point high recommended. (Belts do not have to be date
checked, however, regular seat belt inspections will take place)
- Fire extinguishers are mandatory. Min. 2 lb rated mounted within reach of the driver.
- Roll bar over driver’s head is mandatory. Cages or bars shall be installed and constructed so the
roll bar is higher than drivers and passengers head. Cage or bar must be bolted or welded to the
floor pan, a 12” x 12” (approx..) steel plate should be used at hoop mounting points, gussets at
main intersections recommended. (4 bolts per plate, grade 8)
- Driver’s side door bars are mandatory. Minimum of 3. Door bars must be welded into front and
rear pillar when 4 post style cage is not used. Front hoops from the strut tower going forward to
the frame horn or from the strut tower to the radiator support is acceptable
- 4 post roll cages OK and recommended.
- No bars shall extend in front of the front 2 cage posts. No bars shall extend rearward behind the
roll bar, unless it is used to support the seat mount hoop.
- Window net is mandatory. Must be welded or bolted to door or framing. NO TIE WRAPS!
- Any 4 or 6 cylinder FWD. Max 3.4L engine. No super charged or turbo charged motors. No “all
wheel drive” or “four wheel drive” (6 cylinders must be automatic)
- Stock OEM engine unaltered.
- No headers, exhaust must exit behind the rear tires. Stock OEM air cleaner & lines. Stock
diameters on exhaust.
- All airbags must be deactivated.
- Stock transmissions and all gears must work. No welded gears!
- Stock pump gas only, absolutely no racing fuel.
- Sun roof openings must be enclosed with steel or aluminum
- All glass except windshield must be removed. No mirrors of any type allowed.
- Doors must be welded shut. Any chains need to be replaced with welds.
- Body must remain stock and in stock location. No slab style body.
- Hood must be secured with hood pins only
- All insulation under the hood must be removed.
- Stock ride height must be maintained. Car must be level and at a stock stance after the car is
stripped. Do not change the ride height.
- We will allow one down bar on each side of the roll cage to the rear. No X or middle bar.
- Steering and suspension must remain stock. No modifications
- 1” of camber is allowed in right front only. All other tires must be at ZERO.
- No weight of any kind may be added.
- Maximum 1” toe in or out in front only, no rear toe. No lead in the rear end
- Must have stock unaltered springs for that year and make of car. No spacers, no cutting, stretching, or heating of the springs. Car must bounce freely up and down. MUST REMOVE STRUT COVERS
- DOT tires of 60,65,70,75,78
- Maximum rim diameter 16”. All rims must be the same size
- No racing or directional high performance tires are allowed.
- No shaving or buffing of tires
- Must have the same size tires on front and same size on rear
- No made for racing rims. Stock style rims only, no offsets. Right front safety wheel ok Non offset
The interpretation of these rules is at the discretion of the track officials, their decisions are final. Any major infraction of these rules will be assessed as a forfeiture of points and money for the night. Safety rules will be strictly enforced. Do not change things on cars in this class other than directed above! You should assume cars will be raced as delivered from factory with the few changes listed above. Stock!
Be prepared to be checked for antifreeze every week before practice. If caught during or after a race with antifreeze coming out of your car you will be fined, disqualified and suspended.
Plymouth Motor Speedway reserves the right to change, delete or add to rules throughout the racing season. The management reserves the right of interpretation of all rules and the right to inspect and reject any car and/or driver, crew member, etc. during the racing program.
ANY INTERPRETATION OR CHANGING OF THESE RULES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICALS. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL! ANY MAJOR INFRACTION OF RULES WILL BE ASSESSED AS A FORFEITURE OF POINTS AND MONEY’S EARNED FOR NIGHT. HEAD AND NECK RESTRAINT SYSTEMS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! BE PREPARED TO BE CHECKED FOR ANTIFREEZE EVERY WEEK BEFORE PRACTICE. IF CAUGHT DURING OR AFTER A RACE WITH ANTIFREEZE COMING OUR OF YOUR CAR YOU WILL BE FINED, DISQUALIFIED, AND FACE SUSPENSION.