2022 Sportsman Rules
IF YOUR NOT LEGAL THE FIRST NIGHT YOU DON’T RACE
Minimum of a neck brace is required in all classes at any time you are on the track
- ABC body measurements: http://www.abcbodies.com/images/ABCrulebook‐web.pdf
- Hang your bodies straight up as they are intended to be, using these ABC measurements. Do not alter the nose or tail pieces in any way and do not try to tweak & stretch your body so it hangs out to the right 3 ‐ 4″. Use the Off season to hang these bodies in a proper fashion!
- A full Template Body will be required to run this class ‐ All ABC Body Measurements will be
the guideline for this class. All cars will have an un‐
altered template tail & nosepiece, mounted with the same dimensions & height as an ABC body has.
- Aftermarket template fenders, quarter panels, hood & un‐altered full size template roof, complete with un‐altered template C pillars are required. The roof will be centered on your car from side to side. No offsetting of the roof on the body. No down force body panels of any kind ! No offset or down force bodies‐ must be square on the chassis.
- You are allowed to fabricate the remaining part of your bodies, but are required to keep these looking stock ! Full front windshield and rear windows are required. Rear window and rear spoiler must be completely see‐through. The front vent windows will be 12″ maximum, measured along the top of the door. Template style spoiler, 6.5″ tall X 60″ wide, mounted with template style mounts. All body measurements off the ground will be measured with driver in the car !!
- All Sportsman cars should weight 2800 lbs 60% left add 50 lbs for aluminum heads
- Minimum wheelbase 101″. Maximum Tread Width is 80″, measured with toe plates.
- Four‐post roll cage required ‐ must mount directly on top of frame rail. A minimum of three driver door bars is required, four door bars are highly recommended. Front hoop recommended, but will not pass through the front grill. All rear braces may extend to the back of the car, may have an X for strength, but will not extend to the outside of the tailpiece. All tubing to be a minimum of 1‐1/2″ with .065″. The center section of the cage will be a minimum of 1‐ 3/4″ diameter with .090″. Doorplate and footplate are mandatory with a minimum size of 10″x30″x 1/8″ thick each. All roll cages are subject to the track officials approval
- Engine setback not to exceed 4″, from the center of the top ball joint to the center of the farthest forward cylinder. Solid motor mounts are
mandatory. Cast iron heads and block. Cast iron or Aluminum intake OK. Cast iron exhaust manifolds or headers OK. No dry sump oil systems or external pumps of any kind. Aluminum Heads are OK with a 50lb. weight add‐on.
- Carburetor ‐ any 2 or 4 barrel carburetor OK.
- Automatic or Manual transmission allowed.
- Rear ends may have a 3 or 4 link suspension. Rear end may be locked ‐ rear disc brakes are OK. Drive shaft hoop mandatory. Screw jacks or load bolts are optional. Full size springs or 2 1/2″ coil springs are allowed. Aftermarket top A‐frames OK. Aftermarket front center link is OK. Slider mounts are OK. Single adjustable shocks are allowed.
- If the stock firewall & floorboard is removed, the drivers floor and foot box will be 1/8″ steel minimum.
- No in cockpit adjustments of any kind besides brake bias adjuster.
- Fuel line must be run below drivers compartment. Fuel cell is mandatory with approved guard; the cell must have 8″ ground clearance.
- All rub rails will have no sharp edges and will be bolted with carriage bolts.
- No ride height rule
- 8″ steel racing wheels with 1″ lug nuts.
- Hoosier F70 Tires
ANY INTERPRETATION OR CHANGING OF THESE RULES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE OFFICIALS. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL. ANY MAJOR INFRACTION WILL BE ADDRESSED AS A FORFEITURE OF POINTS AND MONEY EARNED FOR THE NIGHT. THIS WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TECH INSPECTOR. FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Plymouth Motor Speedway reserves the right to change, delete or add to rules throughout the racing season. The management reserves the right of interpretation of all rules and the right to inspect and reject any car and/or driver, crew member, etc. during the racing program.